Thursday, January 3, 2008

Let The New Year Begin!

I have no excuses for not posting EXCEPT for the fact that I work in retail and that's all I need to say about the holiday season!

Wrapping up the past year....here's some stats:

Books read: 65.....4 more than last year.
Books not finished: 1....'Inglorious', just couldn't get into it.
Knitting novels read: 5....all were good but my favorite was The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood. It's a tear jerker that challenged my thinking about making assumptions about people.

Favorites:
Most chilling: Skin by Ted Dekker
Most intense: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hossein
Best Memoir: The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
Most disappointing: Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides

I love reading 'Chick-lit' and couldn't pick my favorite so here are a few that I gave 5 stars to:
Good Things by Mia King
Odd Mom Out by Jane Porter
The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand
Julia's Chocolates by Cathy Lamb
Elements of Style by Wendy Wasserstein
Little Pink Slips by Sally Koslow
Because She Can by Bridie Clark

Read and enjoy! They are all fabulous!

Knitting projects:

8 scarfs, most successful, a few not.
9 felted bags completed, several not.
3 childrens sweaters, all completed.
2 left socks.....I having a feeling the right ones won't be completed in 2008
10 socking caps.
1 adult sweater vest...remember the red vest diaries?
1 baby blanket
1 adult short jacket
Countless in the process projects!
As I look at this run down, I have to say I am pretty impressed. My goal this next year is to actually make myself a sweater. I usually do small projects because of my crafting ADD but I want to challenge myself to complete an entire sweater.

Why do I continue to make resolutions each year?

For the last several years it was all about being on the magical diet that would make me look like the slim, sleek model body I am not!!! My genetic inheritance from one of my grandmothers, thank you Grandma, was the pear shape body! So it seems no matter how much I starve myself, I will never have thighs that don't touch!!! Cordoroy is a no no! Sparks will be flying!

This year is more about being realistic about things!
So hence.....
A little more of this A little less of that

A little more of this A little less of that

A little more finishing projects A little less - 20 things going at once

A little more spreading JOY A little less passing judgment

A little more liking myself A little less hating myself

Here's to a great 2008.

I am looking forward to it being a fabulous year filled with love, laughter, family, friends, knitting projects, art projects and lots of books!!!!

No comments: