Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Holy Moly! Nina, Pinta and Santa &^%$!!

So last night I weave in the ends and lay the back and two front pieces out to block and what do I find but a mess up!!! On one of the front panels I had shaped the neck all wrong!! So I blocked the back and one side then waited till this AM to fix the one side. Now that I read the directions I think the one I blocked was the wrong one, not the one I just fixed!!!!!!! &^%$#@(*&!!!!!!!

Soooooooo I think I can make it work! At least now they both match and I will be able to continue with the ribbing and I really don't think it's going to make that big a difference. I will find out when it's done whether or not directions are important! HA! I have a feeling I will be proven wrong, but I'm in the mood for an experiment....and aren't the best knitters the ones who have made mistakes and either found they needed to do it the right way OR they indeed are Christopher Columbus and have charted a new world!!!

This is the back, not the mess up!!!


The other thing I was thinking as I was dragging out all the gear for the blocking..............."I probably could have bought this sweater in five minutes flat for a whole lot less money!" What is it about spending hours and money on making a sweater????? Is it because I can't find exactly what I'm looking for? Is it because I like to be able to tell people that I made it and have them look at me with shock and awe? Is it just because I am stupid? Time will tell, huh?? When I'm off to the next crafting obession, maybe I will find the answer......or maybe it's in the 'New World'.
Off to EXLORE!!!


Happy Knitting from Christopher Columbus!

No comments: