Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pretty in Pink

Tomorrow I will say bye to my baby quilt. I am donating it to Nurses For Newborns, a great charity here in St. Louis. Hopefully it will bring joy and comfort to a child. I remember when my son was born he was briefly in the NICU and we were given a 'beanie baby' snake. I thought that was the sweetest thing for some kid to donate that! We still have it!

On to my next project........it's a baby dress that I am going to give to a friend who is going to be a grandmother again for her to give to her daughter in law. I got the pattern out of Baby Knits for Beginners by Debbie Bliss.

It's fun working with the smaller needles....and seeing the stitches so much smaller and perfect. It does not call for the skirt to be knitted on circulars but it was just begging to be done like that....why sew a seam in a skirt when I could just do it in the round??!! My plan is to work the skirt in the round till I get to the armholes then I will do front and back separately. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work....it better after all the knitting I will do. If worst came to worst I could bind off the skirt and then sew it to the top portion. I'll keep you posted.
As I was trying to upload the images blogger was experiencing problems so I couldn't add any additional pictures. I will load them tomorrow.
Happy Day!!

No comments: