Saturday, October 6, 2007

No Steroids Involved!

Poke me with a fork, I'm done!

And I beat my deadline of Sunday! "I did not take performance enhancing drugs" to complete this masterpiece in record time. Just old fashioned hard work and diligence!

As for the blanket......I am only somewhat satisfied with the result.

1. Stitching together blocks of all different colors make it difficult to not show the seam.

2. The yarn I used (remember, I am cheap...but it was very soft!) made it hard to seam it together. When I do it again, I will chose a different yarn.

3. I did a single crochet around the outside for a border. Just did one row of yellow then added another and another. That looked good but I thought, what if I use the other colors too. So I added a row of green then orange. It just doesn't look quite as good as I was hoping.

4. It is VERY SOFT! and will be easy for someone to launder since it has some acrylic in it.

5. I love the bright, happy colors!

So now, it's back to working on the shrug.........but am thinking about what to do next too. More on that later!

I'm off to other motivation for getting it done because I have to work tomorrow all day too!

Happy Day!

No comments: