Thursday, April 3, 2008

Back from vacation

I had a great mini vacation at our lake condo with 2 very productive visits to the fabulous LYS there! They keep getting more and more yarn each time I'm there so it's a pleasure to visit. Robin sat there with me and tried to help me figure out the really vague directions for the Baby Surprise Jacket my Elizabeth Zimmerman. I had to rip out all that I had done in a day and a half because I did it all wrong then I started over and still screwed it up. Couldn't bring myself to try it again. Needless to say, I may not be making a baby surprise jacket.

Started on a Debbie Bliss baby crew neck that is striped. VERY CUTE.

Yes, I know you want to know about that second sock! Well, since I had the baby surprise jacket issues I didn't spend as much time on the sock, BUT I am half way there. Tonight I am going to finish the heel and the rest goes VERY quickly. I love this really easy pattern and I WILL have a completed MATCHING pair of hand knit socks!!! A pattern like this could get me addicted to socks......maybe.


I have been reading 'Rhett Butler's People' and loving it!
At first I was worried because I was having a hard time getting into it but that didn't last long. I love the fact that it tells the story of the more interesting of the characters. Scarlett was a spoiled brat who didn't know what she had till it was too late. Rhett knew how to work any situation and was a man of strength. When you read about his childhood from this authors perspective you start to understand what made him tick and where he got his strength from. It is upsetting at times to read how they treated slaves and then freed people of color after the war........hard to read but I do believe unfortunately it is probably accurate.

I will post pictures of the completed pair of socks so you can sufficiently ooo and ahh!!!
Happy Day!
Coming Soon! The saga of the Palm Pilot.............

No comments: